- Simplify and innovate
- Take ownership of the what and the how
- Equip people to succeed
- Execute with discipline and pride
- Talk straight, build trust, and over deliver
OVERVIEW: The VP, Strategy & Analytics is responsible for overseeing implementation of organizational strategy and business analytics. As such, this role will oversee development, implementation and coordination of organizational strategy including deployment of systems, processes and tools necessary to enhance organizational effectiveness and decision-making.
Leadership and Management:
- To implement the strategic vision of the organization.
- Work with members of the organization to define and execute organizational mission, vision, strategy and tactics and align resources accordingly to meet organizational objectives.
- Communicate organizational strategy and vision internally with staff members and as appropriate to the media and stakeholders in the city, province and community.
- Establish structures and processes that facilitate building an elite business and sports organization based on the objectives of the organization tailored to the specific market dynamics and competitive environment.
- Oversee the creation of and lead the daily operations of a strategy and business analytics department.
- Work with members of the organization to create, reinforce and ensure that culture is aligned with defined organizational values (e.g. accountability, ownership, respect, trust, etc.).
- Represent the organization on MLB committees, league-level initiatives and external stakeholder engagement as appropriate.
Business Operations, Strategic Planning and Business Development:
- Working with the EVP, Business Operations and other senior leadership, determine and direct the implementation of the long-term strategy of the organization based on internal and external market and competitive dynamics.
- Evaluate existing systems and oversee the improvement, development and implementation of new structures, processes, practices and evaluation methodologies and metrics to create efficient and effective business operations and to enhance business decision making.
- Work with the EVP, Business Operations and senior leaders to ensure the coordination, evaluation and alignment of organizational structure to maximize optimal allocation of resources, organizational efficiencies and reporting duties across Business Operations.
- Work with sales, marketing and senior leaders to ensure the growth of a powerful brand that is ingrained in the internal culture of the organization and communicated to the Blue Jays fans in Toronto and throughout Canada.
- Participate in cross-functional efforts for the development and renovation of facilities including spring training, international academies and Rogers Centre.
- Work with senior leadership to create and implement a meeting structure for planning – both annual and of a more regular, short term basis – that fosters an inclusive culture and produces efficient and measureable plans of action.
- Lead budgetary meetings, strategic planning meetings and high leverage meetings of department heads and leadership committees.
- Research and evaluate return opportunities and when appropriate lead initiatives focused on enhancing the value of the Blue Jays organization through development of key strategic assets including Rogers Centre and other Blue Jays intellectual property.
- Develop and implement strategies to seek outside investment opportunities or organic growth opportunities that provide alternative sources of cash flow to fund organizational business and baseball initiatives.
- Work with senior leadership to set annual strategic goals through inclusive process and develop action plan that aligns with long-term strategy and near-term objectives.
Management of Strategy and Business Analytics Department:
- Develop and lead a Strategy and Business Analytics department focused on creating and implementing data-supported decision making processes, tools and systems, seeking to maximize asset value and enhancing strategic relationships.
- Oversee research, development and implementation of processes and tools that provide decision-makers with access to relevant information while improving transparency and access to information across organization through tools such as revenue and attendance prediction models, pricing models, customer prospecting tools, data collection tools and business intelligence systems.
- Lead cross-functional initiatives, committees, strategic projects, and new product development and innovation opportunities across the organization.
- Build and enhance organizational strategic relationships with league-level stakeholders (MLB, MLBAM, etc.), critical vendors (ticketing partner, concessionaire, etc.), government and civic organizations and across Rogers Communications.
- Hire and manage department staff members and lead department business planning activities.
- Oversee management of departmental budget.
- Bachelor Degree in related field – MBA or related graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum of 8+ years of related strategy or management consultant experience with exposure to organizational design and analytics and predictive/forecasting models.
- Experience in analyzing and making recommendations based on various financial and statistical models.
- Proven successful change and project management experience required.
- Experience in departmental budgeting and financial accountability required.
- Proficient computer skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills required
- Strategic leadership skills required.
- Legally able to work in Canada.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.
We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.
Listing on https://jobs.rogers.com/job/Toronto-Vice-President%2C-Strategy-&-Business-Analytics-Toronto-Blue-Jays-ON-M5V-1J1/379856200/