SiteCatalyst Platform Manager
|Location||Santa Clara, CA
Apply For This Job
As the platform owner for Adobe Analytics and DTM, youll be responsible for developing the overall analytics strategy and execution for tagging and reporting for the marketing team. Youll have a keenly analytical mind and the intellectual curiosity to identify opportunities to improve the performance of our websites and our marketing campaigns and then youll be able to work across teams and use your influence to enhance the online experience and drive rapid improvements in key user metrics.
The Manager will be responsible for developing and growing the practice: analytics strategy approach, measurement and reporting strategies, execute against continuous enhancements, and development and departmental training and learning. You will take the lead role in determining what data to collect, how to classify it, how to provide insights and recommendations based on the data collected.
You will help craft the complex into simple terms: how traffic, engagement and conversion online achieve our business goals and objectives. The leader is expected to share website insights and collaborates across the company and to facilitate understanding and optimization of our online experience.
- Act as the business owner of our Adobe Analytics platform, setting guidelines as to how the site should be tagged, identifying areas for improvements and acting as an evangelist for the usage of web analytics and other data within the business
- Drive tagging initiatives, implementation, best practices, trouble-shooting to ensure digital marketing efforts are measured accurately and appropriately
- Develop and own key marketing and web metrics KPIs and drive their adoption through the business, providing the business case supporting KPI metrics and demonstrating effect
- Create dashboards and automated reports for marketing teams and other teams, as needed.
- Provide analysis as part of reporting cadence and develop recommendations based on findings.
- Provide thought leadership and support to help provide high quality digital data across all assets, content and experiences
- Analyze business/marketing data to identify key drivers, mechanics and associated dependencies for driving customer adoption, conversion, retention and monetization
- Proactively identify opportunities for site analytics team engagement in site tagging, campaign tracking, online site enhancements, marketing capabilities and identifying and interpreting business trends
- Partner cross-functionally and with senior leadership of marketing to ensure alignment on analytics to ensure data quality, actionable insights and learning loop for key audiences
- Educate business partners and ensure alignment across sites on KPIs and web metrics broadly
-Maintain a global and multichannel perspective, broadly sharing knowledge and insights from tagging, analytics and testing
- Proactively work with key stakeholders (product managers and marketers) to help them identify opportunities to improve conversion of key funnels
- Analyze areas with improvement opportunities and make recommendations to stakeholders as changes to test to drive funnel improvements.
- Consult with product and marketing teams regarding business opportunities- identify questions, determine and get agreement on analytical approach; synthesize analysis into clear takeaways and insight; deliver actionable insights that we can use to grow the business
- Support the day-to-day running of Web Analytics practice
- BS or BA required in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or other related fields with emphasis in quantitative methods; MS, MBA or MA with strong quantitative focus preferred
- Five+ years experience in analyzing web analytics data (online traffic, click stream data, site landing optimization, etc.) and expert knowledge of Adobe Analytics (SiteCatalyst), including Adobe DTM, and a strong understanding of how to create, test and debug tags
- Proficiency in developing custom reports, advanced segments, configuring website analytics platforms and providing interpretation and presentation of findings
- Must have advanced experience with Adobe Analytics and Adobe DTM, SQL, Eloqua, Excel and some experience with Tableau
- Experience with implementation, usage, and enhancement projects with Adobe Analytics
- Exceptional written, presentation and oral communication skills with a focus on documentation
- Ability to clearly communicate with and persuasively present to a wide variety of audiences, specifically senior management
- Stay current with issues and trends in online marketing, with an emphasis on measurement, especially for mobile and emerging technologies
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and turn around analytics requests quickly
- Exceptional common sense. You know when the model or report output doesnt make sense and dig in to figure out why
TRAITS OF A SUCCESSFUL WEB ANALYTICS MANAGER
- A leader and a doer
- Thinks like an executive, questions like a marketer: to unveil whats most important for our customers. Is keenly aware of thinking like a customer: uncovering the gap between what the customer desires/needs
- Embodies a collaborative spirit and ability to work with other teams
- Establishes relationships with others to jointly solve problems rather than passing decisions and responsibility to others (who often dont exist)
- Be passionately in tune with latest web analytics developments, online behavior and trends
- Curiosity- especially when things don't add up
- Persuasion, persistence, and patience
- Confidence in knowing when to draw a conclusion and when not to
- Takes ownership and assumes thought leadership
- Knows when to escalate an issue and when to let it go
- Determines what processes to replace, improve or leave alone
We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional, yet relaxed atmosphere.
Apply at http://www.web-analytics-jobs.com/a/jbb/job-details/1001061